Larry Beaird’s Songwriter Minute Workshop 2018
When: Monday, October 22nd, 2018. Doors open at 6pm / 6:30pm Workshop
Where: The Grande South – 1199 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92101
Register: Click here to register.
Highlights of the workshop include:
- Larry will examine a group of Top 10 Hits to show what makes them work
- He will also examine up to 5 songs written by writers in attendance (chosen by drawing from the Early Bird registrants)
- A drawing will be held for a free $625 Premier Demo from Beaird Music Group!
- Learn 20+ ways of how to make your songs more like the hits:
- How hit songs best use verses, choruses and bridges
- Use of intros, turnarounds, solos, and outros
- Chords used (and chords NOT used) in the hits
- Vocal ranges of the artists
- “Tightening up” songs so that publishers and other listeners will stay interested to the end
- Number of writers per hit song
- Time it takes the hits to get to the first chorus
- Minimum, maximum and average songs lengths
- Time signatures, grooves, and tempos
- The difference between a swing and straight-eight groove
- Patterns of chords used in the hits
- Frequency and placement of song titles
- Topics of the hits
- Choosing the best chords for particular melodies
- Sticking with the central idea of the title
- The importance of repetition
- The importance of rhyme (and use of “imperfect” rhyme)
- Title use in several other genres
- Use of instrumental sections (solos) in current hits
- How Songs-of-the-Year are different
Larry’s Songwriter Minute videos take a look at some of the topics above. You can see examples of his videos here: http://www.beairdmusicgroup.com/songwriting-tips-videos
The Premier Demo Prize includes:
Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass, Drums, Piano, Steel. This is a 30 minute tracking spot with the band on a session shared with other writers.
It also includes up to 3 hours of studio time (after tracking with the musicians) for vocals and mixing, 3 free CDs upon request, and an email with full quality WAV file mixes. Vocalist fees, if needed, are not included. Your song can be recorded whether or not you are able to attend the session in person.
Click here to register for a chance to win the demo.
Songs recorded with this package are eligible for Evening With A Publisher.
Members $35 ~ Non-members $40
In advance, via Credit Card, or with any major Mobile Payment Platform (Paypal, Venmo, Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Zelle). Call Beaird Music Group Inc. to pay by credit card (615) 279-8030. You can pay via mobile payment using Larry’s email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Private Mentoring Sessions
Take advantage of a Private One-Hour Mentoring Session with Larry for only $100 (regularly $150/hr).
What is a Private Mentoring Session?
It’s a meeting with Larry so that you can receive his special attention to your music.
What should I bring?
- Bring 1-4 songs on your phone or laptop – or you can perform your songs live.
- Bring lyrics.
- Bring questions and pick Larry’s brain about YOUR music, the music business in general or whatever you’d like to discuss.
What will I receive?
- Larry will chart your song and give the chart to you at the end of the session.
- During the hour, Larry will listen intently and use his experience and research to help advise how to arrange your songs to be more like what’s on the radio.
- A recording discount of $100 off one Premier Demo from Beaird Music Group in Nashville. (Offer good for 30 days)
Where and when will the mentoring sessions take place?
Time and Location TBD. To schedule, please call or text Larry at (615) 400-2200.
How do I pay for a mentoring session?
In advance, via Credit Card, or with any major Mobile Payment Platform (Paypal, Venmo, Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Zelle).
Call Beaird Music Group Inc. to pay by credit card (615) 279-8030. You can pay via mobile payment using Larry’s email address: email@example.com. Give us a call today to get started! (615) 279-8030
Larry Beaird has researched hit songs for many years to see what makes them work. He will be sharing the results of his research with songwriters in order to suggest ways to make their songs more commercial.
In addition to Larry’s recent research, he also uses his experience as a session musician in Nashville. He’s played on thousands of recording sessions for writers and artists. Albums, singles, and videos he’s performed on have sold over 28 million copies – including 2 songs of the year – Three Wooden Crosses by Randy Travis and I’m Movin’ On by Rascal Flatts. For a more detailed look at Larry’s recording experience, click here: http://www.beairdmusicgroup.com/aboutlarrybeaird